4 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
JayDee
(@jaydee)
Admin
Topic starter  

GET VERIFIED!

Do you use Instagram for your business? If so, you can now verify your Instagram account! The verification process was only open to large brands and celebrities (and people with 10,000 followers or more), but it's now open to everyone!

The verification gives you a blue checkmark next to your user name (see screenshot below). The verification means that your account is backed by a REAL person (not a bot that is gaming the system). There are benefits to your Instagram marketing strategy by having this verification icon.

While there is no guarantee that Instagram will approve your verification application, I strongly encourage you to apply!

HOW TO APPLY:

1. From your smartphone, go to your Instagram profile
  2. Click on the menu icon in the very upper-right corner of the screen
  3. Scroll to the bottom of that screen and tap on Settings
  4. Scroll down and tap on Request Verification
  5. Enter your full name (your personal name, not your user name)
  6. Upload a photo of your ID (this could be your driver's license, passport, or even a business utility bill)
  7. Click DONE to send your application

Instagram will review your application and hopefully approve it. I cannot say for sure how long it will take to get an approval, but keep watching your account for that blue verification badge!

"If it isn't working the way you're doing it, do it a different way."

JayDee
(@jaydee)
Admin
Topic starter  

jaydee [2 months ago]

When I first tried sending verification, I tapped the SEND button, saw the screen working, but then no confirmation that anything sent.

I did this at least 6 times, wondering if that was it - that no confirmation note would appear. I decided to try sending the verification one more time, and on the 7th try, after tapping SEND, I saw a note that said my application would be reviewed, etc.

That was now about a week ago, and I have not heard anything yet.

@viyoli - I'm sorry to hear your verification was rejected. I know you can try again in 30-days. How did you get a rejection notice? Was it an email? An Instagram Direct Message?

P.S.

I also wanted to post to say that IF we don't get the verification checkmark, I don't think it's that big of a deal really. At least at this point, I don't believe the verification mark will affect how our accounts are viewed by our followers, or how our accounts will show up in search, etc.

The other thing is, only one account can be verified per person. That makes no sense to me. I have three Instagram accounts - a personal account, my ThirdShift account, and my TheDrawingBoard3 account. If people can only have the one verification, then the other accounts obviously won't have it - so again, it doesn't feel that big of a deal to me. Just my opinion.....

ReplyQuote
JayDee
(@jaydee)
Admin
Topic starter  

viyoli [2 months ago]
When I open my account there was a note that I was rejected and I can try in 30 days.... and then it desapear.....

ReplyQuote
JayDee
(@jaydee)
Admin
Topic starter  

Bungalow222 [2 months ago]
Mine didn’t get the verification. However after reading more about it seems like it is really difficult to get

ReplyQuote