7 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
JayDee
(@jaydee)
Admin
Topic starter  

(originally posted 10/6/17 on Slack)

Here's a quick video that shows you how to LIKE pages and posts as your business Facebook Page, versus your Personal Profile.

Hope this helps!

https://youtu.be/xFSLQlnKE4A

"If it isn't working the way you're doing it, do it a different way."

JayDee
(@jaydee)
Admin
Topic starter  

(originally posted on 10/6/17 on Slack)

2aemporium [5:45 PM]
Do you like pages on FB other than vintage sites? For instance, I have some local businesses...garden and plant stores, bee business, a few local boutiques that sell repainted vintage furniture and that sort of thing.

If all you like are your other friends that also sell vintage, how do you branch out so that your posts go further and find more potential customers?

ReplyQuote
JayDee
(@jaydee)
Admin
Topic starter  

Excellent question @2aemporium!

Yes, I like pages that I really like - both from my Personal Profile on Facebook, and as my Facebook Page. For example, I like Country Living Magazine, Lonny, Houzz, Shopify, etc. from my Facebook Page (and Personal Profile).

Here are the main things to keep in mind:

• From your Personal Profile, "like" pages that have content you want to see in your personal activity feed. For example, I like lots of science pages and astronomy pages (my most favorite things).
  • From your Facebook Business Page, "like" businesses that you like as a business, but not necessarily something you want to see on your personal activity feed. For example, I like Shopify, and other business related pages (including other vintage pages or team pages).

I like to keep my Personal Profile on Facebook SEPARATE from my business.

My Personal Profile activity feed is mostly family and friends posts, plus the Facebook Pages I personally really care about.

When it comes to business, I prefer to "like" pages that are related to business. For example, I "like" all of your pages as my business page. No offense intended AT ALL with this choice - I hope you don't see it that way, because I really DO like all of your pages. I just prefer to keep them on the business side of things - especially since I use Facebook to keep in touch with my friends and family.

I hope this helps!

ReplyQuote
JayDee
(@jaydee)
Admin
Topic starter  

(originally posted 10/6/17 on Slack)

The way to "branch out" so your posts go further to find potential customers is to "like" and comment on other businesses that are similar - doing so as your Facebook Business Page. The more you interact on other businesses, the more people will see your comments, and the better the chance that they will follow you, too.

For example, let's say I write an awesome comment on an Apartment Therapy post (as my business page). The people who follow Apartment Therapy (non-businesses) see my post and are intrigued by it. They will most likely click to see what my business is about, and hopefully I've gained a new follower!

If you don't comment (as your business page) on other pages within your niche, and only "like" their posts, you lose that opportunity to be "followed" because of what you didn't write. It's ALWAYS best to leave a well-thought out comment.

ReplyQuote
JayDee
(@jaydee)
Admin
Topic starter  

2aemporium [6:05 PM]
No offense taken! I very much want to keep my business stuff separate from my personal stuff. That is very helpful information on how to branch out.

I have been trying to do just what you suggested as far as commenting on some other posts. That's actually how I got some people to follow my blog. So it's a lot of the same technique, if you will. I've also been trying to ask some questions to start conversations as @viyoli suggested. So far, no one has jumped in on FB answering anything, but they have answered questions that I've asked on my blog. So the technique works. I think I'm just so new to FB that it will take awhile to get a following AND I don't have my FB stuff finished...like putting my shop on there, etc.

ReplyQuote
JayDee
(@jaydee)
Admin
Topic starter  

(originally posted on 10/6/17)

It definitely does take time to gain a following and to find what works best for you. What works for your business and your followers, might not work best for me and my followers. When you KNOW your followers, and you KNOW the content they appreciate - THAT is when you start to make progress. But trust me, it takes time and trial and error to find what works best for you.

Every Monday on my Facebook Business Page, I post a movie still that people have to figure out the movie. The next day, I post the answer along with a video trailer. I've been doing this for quite some time. It seems to be a popular post, so I keep doing it. I usually post these things a month or two in advance and schedule them to post. The past couple of months have been hectic for me (to say the least), so I was FAR behind on my scheduling. I ended up posting my Monday movie post in the evening, instead of first thing in the morning like I have always done, and I learned that MORE people respond to the post when it is in the evening! A learning moment for sure!

I also agree with @viyoli - she is SO right (and so smart) about occasionally posting something from your Facebook Business Page to your personal profile. Sometimes your friends and family react to that, and they share with their friends and family. A WIN for everyone!

ReplyQuote
JayDee
(@jaydee)
Admin
Topic starter  

viyoli [6:21 PM]
In the past I had prepared for everyday a post one day was A quote, one day posted a song with a question, one day a picture of a new items, than a YouTube of making jewelry, than something about jewelry I did it once a day, so I don't bother too much, and I posted in different hours.

ReplyQuote