4 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
JayDee
(@jaydee)
Admin
Topic starter  

MAILCHIMP

When setting up your store - either as a new store, or one that is already established - I strongly suggest you have some kind of email newsletter signup on your website. Collecting email addresses of visitors is a great way to build your marketing efforts.

MailChimp is just one option for an email marketing program. It's free, and it integrates very well with Shopify. It also integrates very well with WordPress and other blogging platforms.

There are other email marketing programs that integrate with Shopify as well - such as Constant Contact, but some of the other programs require a monthly fee.

Here is a link - https://apps.shopify.com/mailchimp

(Just so you know - I am not affiliated in any way with MailChimp, other than I have used it for many years and am a happy customer.)

Here is a Help Page on Shopify for setting up a Newsletter Signup on your website -

https://help.shopify.com/manual/using-themes/change-the-layout/theme-newsletter - and the MailChimp program also has a help page.

(originally shared 6/27/17 in Slack)

"If it isn't working the way you're doing it, do it a different way."

JayDee
(@jaydee)
Admin
Topic starter  

(originally posted 11/19/18)

SHOPIFY UPDATE - INTEGRATION WITH MAILCHIMP

Shopify has discontinued doing business with MailChimp. I do not know the reason why, I just know that they have. This change ONLY affects Shopify stores that HAVE NOT already made a connection to MailChimp.

IMPORTANT: If your Shopify store is already connected to MailChimp, MailChimp WILL CONTINUE TO WORK for you. There is nothing you need to do - business as usual.

I contacted MailChimp this morning, here is their reply: https://twitter.com/3DrawingBoard3/status/1064550131415085058

I also contacted a Shopify Admin, here is her reply: "Irene ZourdosIrene - Hey JayDee Mahs, for business reasons, we are no longer partnered with Mailchimp. However, it still works for all existing merchants using the app."

I'll post updates here if I learn anything new.

ReplyQuote
JayDee
(@jaydee)
Admin
Topic starter  

UPDATE

Shopify has reinstated the MailChimp integration!

https://mailchimp.com/resources/shopify-integration-changes-and-workarounds/?fbclid=IwAR2uKGDXthspOR_fkLfiIVJ8Rw4C_OEVvpZZgYzyPGE7QBf_KHxdDkZrBYQ

ReplyQuote
JayDee
(@jaydee)
Admin
Topic starter  

(originally posted 6/27/17 in Slack)

I've had three people this week ask me more about MailChimp, so I wanted to post more details here in case this helps:

MailChimp is a program that:

• Stores your collected email addresses (from people signing up for your newsletter)
  • Is a place for you to create a newsletter that you want to mail to your email list
  • Is a place for you to create a stylized newsletter that is connected to your blog, that automatically emails each new blog post to your email list
  • Allows you to create a sign-up form on your Facebook Page, blog, website, etc.
  • Allows you to create pop-up welcome screens or exit intent screens for visitors on your website
  • Allows you to quickly email your customers about new products right from the product listing pages
  • Allows you to send abandoned cart email messages
  • It also has reporting to show you how many people are opening your emails that you send, how many customers are converting to purchases after reading your email newsletters, etc.

These are just SOME of the things it can do.

To send newsletters with MailChimp, you:

1. Go to MailChimp to create the newsletter (using pre-built templates or templates you design - lots of flexibility)
  2. Click the Promote button on a product listing page when listing new products
  3. Create automatic newsletters linked to your blog RSS feed that automatically sends new blog posts via email

You can also automate where you share your email newsletters that you create: automatically share to Facebook, Twitter, etc.

ReplyQuote