JayDee
(@jaydee)
Admin
Topic starter  

GOOGLE LENS

Have you tried Google Lens yet?
It's pretty cool!

ink - https://support.google.com/photos/answer/7539151?hl=en

While it's fun to use for random things (see below), there are some clever ways to use it for business, too.

Business Cards to Contacts - Take a photo of a business card, open the photo in Google Photos and tap the Lens tool. Google converts the data on the business card into a contact on your phone.

Events to Calendar - Take a photo of an event poster, open the photo in Google Photos and tap the Lens tool. Google adds the event to your calendar on your phone.

Book Information - Take a photo of a book cover, and Google gives you information about the book, where you can buy it, and even includes book reviews. This works with movies, too.

And for something more for fun...

Identify Plants or Animals - Take a photo of a plant or animal you want to identify, and Google Lens presents you with information about that plant or animal. I took a photo of one of our cats and Google told me the kind of cat it is. LOL

Identify Landmarks - Using Google Lens, you can even learn more about popular landmarks.

Google Lens is only available to iOS users right now, but I imagine they will roll out to Android users eventually.

This is an early version of Google Lens. Can you image how cool this tool would be for vintage sellers if you could take a photo of an unknown object and Google could tell you what it is?!?!? Now THAT would be awesome!

(originally shared 3/27/18)

"If it isn't working the way you're doing it, do it a different way."

JayDee
(@jaydee)
Admin
Topic starter  

(copied from Slack)

jamscraftcloset [Mar 27th at 8:35 PM]
Let me know when this is available for Android...Please...Sounds fun...

ReplyQuote
JayDee
(@jaydee)
Admin
Topic starter  

(copied from Slack)

jaydee [8 months ago]
I just checked on this - it looks like Google Lens IS available now on Android!

Google Lens works with Google Photos, so you have to first have Google Photos on your phone (and the latest update). Once you do that, you should see the Google Lens icon.

From Google....

ANDROID
1. On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Photos app Photos.
2. Select a photo.
3. Tap Google Lens Google Lens.
4. Depending on your photo, check the details, or take an action.

ReplyQuote