1 Users
0 Likes
JayDee
(@jaydee)
Admin
Topic starter  

(originally posted on 1/11/18 on Slack)

REFIND

I stumbled upon this free tool called Refind. It is VERY cool! Basically it is a tool that finds articles on the internet of topics you are interested in, and displays those articles in your Refind activity feed. It is similar to Apple News and Google Newsstand, but seems to find articles that neither of those services find.

There are a couple of ways I am using this tool:

• To find interesting articles that I want to share on my social media platforms (articles I think my followers would be interested in)
  • To find articles that I am interested in - topics that I want to learn more about.

Refind is by invitation only. If you are interested, click the link in this post and you will be able to create your own Refind list of the kinds of articles you want to see.

Link - https://refind.com/ThirdShift3?invite=56753bc605

I have to tell you, I have been using Apple News and Google Newsstand for several years. I use both of these tools twice a day - once in the morning and once in the evening. I ALWAYS find interesting articles on both, and both are customized to the types of articles I like to see. I often see the same stories on both platforms (these platforms know me well). When I started using Refind, I have been discovering articles that neither of the other platforms have. I can't seem to get enough of these Refind articles!

Refind is an app you can use on your tablet or phone, or you can access Refind on your computer. If you use Refind on your computer, you can also have articles appear on a browser tab when you open your browser. There is also a tool you can add to your browser's toolbar to click when you find an article on the internet that you want to save to your Refind activity feed.

If you're looking for great articles to share on your social media platforms, I recommend checking this out!

"If it isn't working the way you're doing it, do it a different way."