1 Users
0 Likes
JayDee
(@jaydee)
Admin
Topic starter  

(originally posted on 9/22/18 on Slack)

FACEBOOK UPDATE

Look what I spotted today! Facebook Business Pages can now join Facebook Groups!!!

In the past, the only way you could join a Facebook Group was with your personal Facebook Profile. While this is fine for a lot of people, there are also a lot of people who would prefer being in a group - representing their business versus themselves.

I think this is a great change - one that I have hoped for for a long time!

"If it isn't working the way you're doing it, do it a different way."

JayDee
(@jaydee)
Admin
Topic starter  

Just a quick note... I just tried to join a group as my Business Page versus my Personal Profile. I didn't see a way to specify how I wanted to join the group - Facebook only allowed me to join as my Personal Profile.

Therefore, I am GUESSING that this new feature (which wasn't there two days ago) is still being rolled out at this point. I'm definitely keeping on eye on this, and will update here when I discover more.

ReplyQuote
JayDee
(@jaydee)
Admin
Topic starter  

2aemporium [2 months ago]
Hurray!!!! I tried to see if I could join as a business.

Thanks! I finally found. it. It only asks me to answer the 3 questions. No mention of how I want to join -- personal or business. So I have a membership partial request out there hanging. Guess I'll cancel it until the bugs are worked out on FB.

ReplyQuote
JayDee
(@jaydee)
Admin
Topic starter  

Yeah, that's what I saw earlier when I tried to join another group as my Page. I'm hoping Facebook finishes rolling this out quickly! I'm sure there will be an announcement on it soon.

ReplyQuote
JayDee
(@jaydee)
Admin
Topic starter  

This is so exciting!! There are other identification type groups that I would have joined as well. But I'm most excited about getting to join the EtsyToShopify/TheDrawingBoard group.

ReplyQuote
JayDee
(@jaydee)
Admin
Topic starter  

jamscraftcloset [2 months ago]
Yeah!!! This is PROGRESS in a Positive Way!!!:two_hearts:

ReplyQuote
JayDee
(@jaydee)
Admin
Topic starter  

lindas [2 months ago]
I added a note on the third question telling the group admin I wanted to join as my business page. We'll see if they have any way of selecting what page joins. I doubt they do but thought it was worth a try.

ReplyQuote
JayDee
(@jaydee)
Admin
Topic starter  

@lindas - as a Facebook group owner, I can tell you, I have no way of choosing how someone joins one of my groups. I see the people who want to join, and so far, it's just the people's Personal Profile. I have yet to see someone join as their Business Page.

I don't think this feature has been completely rolled out yet by Facebook. I know from a group owner standpoint, we can choose to allow Pages or Profiles to join, but when I tried joining a group as my Page, I was unable to do so - it just defaulted to joining as my Personal Profile .

Hopefully we'll get more information over the coming days. I simply cannot wait to be able to join a group as my Business Page versus my Personal Profile - it's a featured I've wished for, for a long time!

ReplyQuote
JayDee
(@jaydee)
Admin
Topic starter  

Any new news on joining a FB group? I just tried and it didn't give me an option as to how to join.

ReplyQuote
JayDee
(@jaydee)
Admin
Topic starter  

Nope. Nothing new. I saw your request come in, but I didn't approve it since it's under your personal profile. If you want me to approve it, I certainly will, but I assumed you'd prefer joining as your business page.

I have been monitoring Facebook news closely to see when this rolls out. I'm really anxious for this!!!!

ReplyQuote
JayDee
(@jaydee)
Admin
Topic starter  

(originally posted on 11/15/18 on Slack)

UPDATE!

IT'S FINALLY WORKING!!!!

Facebook Pages can now finally join a Facebook Group as their Page!!!! This just started working today!!!

@2aemporium - I know you were interested in this. If you go to our Facebook Group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/EtsyToShopify/ and click on Join Group - you'll be able to join as 2a!

I LOVE this new feature and am SO happy it's finally working!!!!!!

ReplyQuote
JayDee
(@jaydee)
Admin
Topic starter  

2aemporium [10 days ago]
Wonder if the group has to set it up for a business profile to join. I tried to join a vintage glass identification group and it didn't give me an option.

ReplyQuote
JayDee
(@jaydee)
Admin
Topic starter  

jaydee [10 days ago]
Yes. The Group Admin has to either turn on or off the option to let people join as their Page.

The good news is - the default setting is that option is on.

ReplyQuote
JayDee
(@jaydee)
Admin
Topic starter  

2aemporium [10 days ago]
So where do I find the etsytoshopify page from my business page. Is it listed somewhere in particular?

ReplyQuote
JayDee
(@jaydee)
Admin
Topic starter  

jaydee [10 days ago]
Do you see Groups in the left nav sidebar on your personal Home in Facebook?

I just checked my Groups button on personal Home, and I don't see the groups I just requested to join. Therefore, I am guessing the Groups WON'T be listed on our personal profile Home screen. :disappointed:

If you go to your Facebook Page, do you see Groups in that left sidebar? If so, you MIGHT be able to see our group there.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2